Be part of the fight against the UK’s single biggest killer
Fundraising volunteers needed for British Heart Foundation
We are the nation’s heart charity and the largest independent funder of cardiovascular research. Coronary heart disease is the UK’s single biggest killer but we are leading the fight against it.
You can help our work and be part of the fight by becoming a volunteer Fundraising Group Leader.
What will I be doing?
Responsibility of the Fundraising Group Leader:
- Lead and coordinate the group in organising fundraising events.
- Build strong relationships with all members and actively recruit new members.
- Represent the charity in your community, acting as the face of the BHF.
- Ensure group activities comply with relevant law and BHF policy.
- Work alongside your local Fundraising Manager.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- A leader who enjoys working with others and is a good team player.
- Diplomacy and the ability to facilitate open discussion.
- Enthusiasm to run and support fundraising events.
- Confidence and willing to act as the face of the BHF in your local community.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Good organisational skills.
- A commitment to the BHF’s values.
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a month
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMMon EVETue AMTue PMTue EVEWed AMWed PMWed EVEThu AMThu PMThu EVEFri AMFri PMFri EVESat AMSat PMSat EVESun AMSun PMSun EVE
Any of these times
Additional timing details
The volunteers would meet once a month to plan their fundraising and actions in the Reading area.
In addition to this there would also be the events that they would need to support, possibly one every other month.
Will suit someone like this:
Enjoys variety and changeSelf organised/motivatedLikes team workHappy to work soloGood sense of humourSociableWants to get out and aboutHas a few hours to spare
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Description of support
Support given by Fundraising Manager
Description of expenses
As per expenses policy
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
6 March 2017